WHMCS Addon for automatic DNS zone creation upon domain registration.
This addon allows you to predefine DNS zone templates to be used when a new domain is being registered with DNS management. For example, you might want to direct that to a default website. Or, if the domain is assigned to a hosting product, use a specific zone for that product.
- Manage DNS zones for your domains at CentralNic brands
- Currenctly supported registrar modules: ISPAPI and CentralNic Reseller
- Define a global zone, to be applied to all new domain registrations
- Define zones for specific hosting products, to be applied when registering a domain belonging to a hosting product
- Supports A, AAAA, MX, MXE, CNAME, TXT and SRV records
- Supports WHMCS specific URL and FRAME record types for the website redirection feature
- WHMCS version 8.0 or higher For the latest WHMCS minimum system requirements, please refer to WHMCS System Requirements page.
- PHP 7.4 or higher
- One of the following registrar modules installed and enabled:
- CentralNic Reseller
This addon only works with those registrar modules.
Installation / Upgrade
Available for download here.
Extract the zip contents to the root folder of your installed WHMCS instance.
For users with WHMCS version 8.0+, Open the WHMCS Admin Area navigate to
For users with WHMCS version 7.3+, In the WHMCS Admin area, go to
CentralNic DNSand click on
- Click on
Configureand make sure to configure Access Control as needed
When upgrading: Please make sure to back-up your existing CNIC bundle to prevent any data losses.
- Backup folders to a safe path
modules/widgets/ispapi*.php // just delete these ones if present
modules/widgets/hexonet_summary.php // just delete this one if present
And then delete these folders from your WHMCS instance.
- Extract the zip archive into the root folder of your WHMCS instance. (Upgrade completed! )
IMPORTANT Ensure to read the Release Notes carefully before Upgrading! Our Release numbers follow semantic versioning and thus we follow the version syntax: MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH. Please ensure to backup your current version’s folder to have a fallback possibility you can use, just in case there’s something wrong with our new version.
You can always upgrade without worries if the PATCH or MINOR version have just changed. If the MAJOR version has changed, check the release notes to avoid unexpected issues as a new MAJOR version comes always with breaking changes or at least with a new module behavior.
Follow the installations steps below and consider the provided release notes for the MAJOR version upgrade. In detail: if you’re upgrading from 1.x.y to 4.x.y, ensure to check ALL Major Version Release Notes up to the version you’re upgrading too. In this example, check the release notes for 2.0.0, 3.0.0 and 4.0.0.
If you’re upgrading regularly and keeping all our modules / addons / widgets updated, you run in less upgrade effort than doing multiple major version number steps. You can add/subscribe yourself to release notifications in our github repositories to get informed about new releases.
- Open the WHMCS Admin Area
- From the
- The list of configured zones will appear
Create a zone template
- Click on the
- A modal will appear
Fill out the form:
Name: this can be anything that helps you identify the template
Zone: this should contain the template with a predefined syntax (see below)
Products/Services: if you want the template to apply to specific hosting products, select them here
Instructions: clicking here will show hints for the template syntax
Set as global default: if enabled, the template will act as default for any domain.
Write one record per line in this format:
<hostname> <type> <address> (<priority>)
- Type should one of the following: A, AAAA, MX, MXE, CNAME, TXT, SRV, URL, FRAME
- You can use ‘@’ for getting the domain name
- You can use ‘%ip%’ for assigning the IP based on the server
- Priority is only necessary for MX records
@ A %ip% www CNAME @ mail A 127.0.0.1 @ MX mail.@ 10
The decision making process that establishes if and which zone template will be applied to a domain, follows this flow chart: